Sunday 24 February 2013

Update so far

For the last few weeks and during Animex I have finally finished my drawing designs.

Derek















Boggy
















I have started to draw them up digitally using fireworks.  I have made an image of to show what the two characters will look like.



















I have also recruited two voice actors to play the parts.  The first recording session will take place on Monday 25th February 2013.  I will do an update on their names and the progress we made.

Work in Progress



I have made a short animation of Derek blinking to assess the frame rate which will be linked in to how long we need to voice record.


I am hoping for it to come in at under at under 1 minute.

Update 25.2.13

Today I have recorded voiceovers for my animation with two actors in the phoenix sound recording room.
















I booked in a 2.5 hour session, firstly we did a read through which took about 3.5 minutes, after a number of attempts I directed them in the way that I wanted the scene to sound.  I did a read through of each character with them mimicking.  After a few attempts I decided to draw a line at the 1 minute marker and I will edit the dialogue to suit.
















Bogani (left) and George (Right)















Bogani and George are two students studying Performance Arts at Teesside University and they have kindly accepted my invitation to do the voice overs for Derek and Boggy.

I need to do a complete review of this mornings work and see if I can edit it to an acceptable level.  If not I will re-book the sound study and re record.  I felt nervous as I have only met these two guys a couple of times and it was the first time I have used the recording study.  All things considered I think it went well.  I feel if I had to repeat the process I would feel a lot more confident.

I have created a computerised version of Derek's expression not sure whether these will be used in the final animation if not they can be used for reference purposes.






No comments:

Post a Comment