Tuesday 11 June 2013

Update on current progress (11/06/13)


For the past few weeks I have been unable to work on the Derek and Boggy film, as I have focused on my group animation project. As it became closer to the group deadline,  my workload increased and it was very time consuming to complete the final group animation video. My task was to edit all shots together and add the sound effects and vocals to the film. This was very last minute, as I could not complete my task until all other group members had provided me with their completed work.

I had to work throughout the night to meet the deadline and finish the animation.

I was unable to work on both projects at the same time as, one task would take up more time than expected.

After submitting the completed group project, I have spent some time having a break from work. During this time, however I have carried out further research on British animation and Cosgrove Hall. Research found includes:

Animation Nation - a BBC Four documentary about the history of British animation from commercials, Children's TV and a episode on different views of British Culture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0088rlw/episodes/guide

The DVD to watch episodes can be found in the Teesside Uni Library.

Skwigly Podcast - Skwigly is a online magazine website which features podcasts from animation pioneer's. One featuring Brain Cosgrove discussing his work from the past, present and future.

http://www.skwigly.co.uk/animation-podcasts/

The podcast is in two parts

Chuck Amuck The Life and Times of an Animated Cartoonist by Chuck Jones - a book about the lifetime work of Warner Bros most renowned animation Director Chuck Jones

The book can be found in Tesside Uni Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment