Sunday 14 April 2013

Update for work over Easter Break

There's a lot I have to say now that Easter holiday now over been really busy with both the animation and final report I've been working both at uni and home to get the most out during the uni Easter holiday

Some pieces of animation have taken longer to make than previously thought and a bit concerned about the film length of now (see below)


Here are some of the storyboards I've managed to do They show off the key frame poses for the eyes please note none of the pages have any writing on them yet as time is of the essence they will be put on later.


Storyboards


Each panel is taken from a line of dialogue and description of the scenes.  I have only drawn what key scenes will appear I have not included any transitions at the moment.

For this animation, which is of a comedic genre, I am animating to the sound rather than timing out each still image.    In my opinion this was the best way to produce, as the overall effect of the animation  relies more on dialogue and therefore the audio and soundtrack had to be completed first.

I have been working mainly on the animation which took longer than I had anticipated.  The sequence of Boggy walking on and off screen was something that I new would take a while to do, unfortunately it took far long than I thought it would.

I had a lot of alterations to do to get it right.  I have now finalised this but at present feel I will have to reduce this to one of these whereas I had previously intended to do three.  I will replace the other two with captions of walk on and walk off accompanied by sound effects.




The timing of the film at present is at 1 minute 16 seconds without the opening sequence and credits.  Due to the amount of work I still have to do I may have to reduce this further.

I have also been working on my dissertation outlining the structure and at present have written 1,000 words in relation to  my History of Animation section which is based on the work of Chuck Jones and Cosgrove Hall Films.



No comments:

Post a Comment