Wednesday 20 March 2013

Easter Break


An update of work undertaken during the Easter Break.

This is the storyline I completed back in February.


This is Bongani and George's best run through the scripts when we were in the recording studio.


Before the Easter Break I re-recorded Boggy's lines using my voice.  I then edited together some of George's best takes with my own to give the impression of a conversation taking place between Derek and Boggy.  Please see below uploaded file containing this material.




I managed to do a quick animation of Boggy's eye's blinking.
Please note this also contains Derek blinking.


During the course project I have been in contact with an animator called Billy Allison.  He is an independent animator who has worked for various studios throughout the UK.  I first met Billy at BAF (Bradford Animation Festival) he was representing Team 17.  Our paths crossed on numerous occasions and we have been in contact via Skype for approximately 1 year now.   I would class Billy as a friend who has also acted as a Mentor for me more recently.


Now that I have finalised a successful blinking sequence for both characters along with other preparations.   It feels a relief and and achievement having spent so much time on the preparation to finally see a working piece which I will move forward with to build up my final animation. 


I will be working on the animation (Derek and Boggy) throughout the Easter Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment